Canada Pilot Programs 2020
Canada Pilot Programs 2020
Why Canada Govt launches Pilot Programs for economic class?
Since 2012, the introduction of pilot programs has been the aim of Canada’s federal government.
Canada’s 2012 reform legally authorises the immigration minister to release new economic class pilot programs. These pilot programs welcome immigrants to address economic and labour force needs. There are several programs in 2019 and 2020 too will select a huge number of applicants.
Why Pilot Programs?
Earlier, the federal government had to first introduce new economic programs to the parliament. There, it was viewed, reviewed, and voted on. This democratic approach slowed down the Canada immigration process. And delayed the introduction of programs to prospective immigrants.
Canada can not afford this slowness. Because they have jobs to fill due to skilled labour shortages. Thus, pilot reforms are there to meet this need. So, it can help employers in hiring overseas workers.
- Pilot programs are economical.
- 5 years of validity and 4,750 applications per pilot per year.
- Quick to introduce and easy to process.
- Test pilots for future permanent plans.
Pilot Programs before 2019
Before 2019 Canada introduced 3 pilot programs:
- Start-up Visa Pilot (SUV) (2013) aims to attract foreign entrepreneurs to Canada. And helps in the recruitment of entrepreneurs with high human capital characteristics. So, this program was made permanent in 2018.
Despite, its success the program showed low entry figures for immigrants. Every year only a few hundred immigrants enter through this program. But this overwhelmed the employers. Because they were not able to filter the right candidate for job positions. Besides, most people chose Vancouver and Toronto which defeated Canada’s purpose of ‘innovation across Canada’.
- The Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Fund (2015) was launched to introduce immigrant investors to Canada. This program has the lowest figure for international immigrants. Thus, the government stopped accepting applications in the first year of launch.
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) (2017) was launched to attract international immigrants to Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Besides, AIPP is a top immigrant attracting program. Also, it attracts 4000 immigrants every year. Thus, the government is looking to make AIPP permanent. After that, AIPP will receive at least 5000 spots every year.
- AIPP as of Jan 01, 2022, is a permanent Canadian immigration program.
Federal Pilot Programs in 2019
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) was launched in January 2019. And is a way to attract and retain new immigrants. But RNIP is in its early stages.
Today, RNIP has 11 communities participating from Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, British Colombia, and Alberta. Also, this program is expected to bring positive results in the second half of 2020.
- 2 new programs for caregivers were introduced in February 2019. So, as to benefit the health care services sector. Also, this move gives direct access to permanent residence in Canada. But candidates get an invitation after meeting the PR terms. Moreover, this gives an occupation-specific visa which helps to switch employers. It also ensures immigrant employees’ protection from abuse. Also, open-work permits help immigrant families to live together in Canada.
- The Agri-Food Immigration Pilot came into effect in July 2019. This 3-year program aims to fill jobs in the agri-food sector. The agriculture sector will get high nominations. It is because of Canada’s agri-food sector skill labour shortage. As a result, this is the govt’s attempt at strengthening its agricultural economy.
Canada New Immigration Programs: 2020
2020 will see the launch of new immigration programs. These programs are there to assist the current programs. The updates will see the new Municipal Nomination Programme (MNP). So, it can help in sharing the benefits of immigration all over Canada.
Currently, Canada offers 80+ economic pathways for immigration. And 2020 will see the launch of additional and new programs. Besides, all this is being done to achieve Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan (2019 – 2021). Thus, Canada aims to select 2020 (340,000 new immigrants) and 2021 (350,000 new immigrants) vision.
Canada will add 360,000 new immigrants by 2022. The current immigration trends are strongly positive. This inflow makes 2020 a successful immigration year for Canada.
Make the most of the current moment. Apply now and get the Best Canada Visa assistance from a CICC licensed Canada immigration lawyer.