Canada Job Vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreign workers
Immigration Update: Canada Job Vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreign Workers
The year is 2022 and Canada is slowly lifting its head from the pandemic. Yet it has an increasing issue that needs immediate catering. As per the latest Jan 27, 2022 Statistics Canada SEPH report, the country is facing a huge labour market shortage. As the job vacancies in Canada are at an all-time high.
On one hand, we see Canada exceeding its Immigration Levels Target of 2021 by admitting more than 401,000 applicants. Whereas on the other it is estimated that Canada currently has a total of 8,74000 Canada job vacancies. As a result, the country’s current disposition is that of concern.
Key Facts – Canada Job vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreign Workers
In comparison to 2019, the following is the update on the current job vacancy rate in Canada. We can see the effect of 2021 continued in 2022.
- In comparison to pre-pandemic time, 8,74,500 vacant job positions in November 2021.
- However, this figure is down by 9.3% (89,600) in comparison to October 2021.
- Job vacancies up by +366,110 in comparison to the fourth quarter of 2019.
- The transportation and warehousing sector faces job vacancies at an all-time high.
- As it records 51,500 empty job positions in November.
- Also, the vacancy rate was 6.2%
- For accommodation and food services, the job vacancies fall to 11.7% (130,000).
- However, as per the fourth quarter of 2019, the job vacancies were more than double +68,300; +110.07%.
- Besides, the sector saw a higher job vacancy rate of 9.9% in 2021.
- Healthcare workers are in huge demand.
- In November empty job positions at 119,600 vacancies in healthcare and social assistance.
- The job vacancy rate at 5.2%.
- In comparison to 2019 fourth quarter, the job vacancy is higher by 87.0% (+55,600).
- In comparison to 2019 in the construction industry, the job vacancy was 67,800.
- This is twice the rate in 2019.
- Also, the job vacancy rate was double from 2.9% to 5.6% in November 2021.
- The retail trade and manufacturing industry sees a fall after being at peak in October 2021.
- Retail Trade – Job vacancy is low from 28,800 (-21.7%) to 104,000 in November 2021.
- Manufacturing – In November decline from 10.01% (-9,200) to 81,800.
- No of job vacancies up by 93.9% (+39,600).
- Also, the job vacancy rate is up by 2.4 % to 5.0% in November.
Employment gains to go up despite the Canada Job Vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreigners
Canada Job vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreign Workers because the country’s job vacancy rate is at an all-time high. However, one thing we can be sure of is that you will get great job options and a high salaried job.
The following is the list of average earnings as per provinces and territories:
- Newfoundland and Labrador – 2.7%
- Prince Edward Island – -1.2%
- Nova Scotia – 2.7%
- New Brunswick – 2.0%
- Quebec – 2.1%
- Ontario – 0.8%
- Manitoba – 2.0%
- Saskatchewan – 2.3%
- Alberta – 3.0%
- British Columbia – 2.9%
- Yukon – 3.8%
- Northwest Territories – 1.8
- Nunavut – 5.0%
In short, looking at the above figures, 2022 is the year of mass hiring of foreigners. So, if you wish to live, work, and settle in Canada then you must apply now for a Canada Immigration Visa.
Finally, start by taking our Free Assessment. Contact Us to know more.