The individuals obligations:
The individual must:
- Be under 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if their proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory.
- Score at least 65 on the points test.
- For two out of the four fiscal years immediately before they are invited to apply, have had an ownership interest in an established business or businesses that had at least AUD500 000 turnover in each of those years
- Own at least one of the following percentage of their nominated main business:
- 51 per cent, if the business has a turnover of less than AUD400 000 per year
- 30 per cent, if the business has a turnover of AUD400 000 or more per year
- 10 per cent, if the business is a publicly listed company
- Have an overall successful business career
- Have a genuine desire to continuously own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
If their nominated main business provides professional, technical or trade services, they must have spent no more than half their time providing those services, as opposed to general management of the business.
At the time of invitation, the individual, their partner, or both combined must have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800 000 that are lawfully acquired and available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted.
Both the partners must have had no involvement in unacceptable business or investment activities.