Australian Government Introduces 3 new visas related to Immigration
In a Major change in the Immigration policy, the Australian government introduced three new visas under the Migration Amendment (New Skilled Regional Visas) Regulation 2019. Additionally, the government is planning to commence the process from 16th November 2019.
The Ministry of Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs gave a brief explanation about the New Regulations. Important points among the notifications are:
- Introduction of revised points systems for both Subclass 491 visa and General Skilled Migration visas.
- Points will be awarded to candidates who are highly skilled and will contribute to the economic growth of Australia.
- 10 points for having a skilled spouse or an existing partner.
- 15 points for applicants sponsored by a family member in regional Australia or nominated by a State or territory government.
- 10 points for applicants having STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) qualifications.
- 10 points for applicants who don’t have a spouse
- 5 points for applicants whose spouse or existing partner has competent English
Australian Government: New rules focus on relaxation for farmers and sporting clubs
In Another notification, the Australian Government has relaxed the rules for farmers and sporting clubs. The relaxation will help sponsor visa holders from overseas.
Further, the Productivity Commission in its 2016 report, stated that 50% of Australia’s permanent skill intake are secondary applicants, many of whom have limited skills.
Overall, Secondary applicants in the permanent skill stream immigration play a major in the contribution to the Australian economy, but with regulation, it failed to give skills point to partners or de facto partner. Therefore, hindering the immigration prospect of applicants.
However, New regulation will focus on using the effectiveness of the skilled spouse or de-facto partner in the growth of the Australian economy.
Notably, benefitting both singles and applicants with a skilled spouse.
Global Vision Immigration (GVI) is one of the leading immigration companies headquartered in Canada. Particularly engaged in the business of Overseas Education and Immigration Services for Canada, Australia, Germany, and New Zealand.