Apply for Work Permit as a TRV Holder until Feb 2023 from Canada
Public Policy Extension: Apply for Work Permit as a TRV Holder until Feb 2023 from Canada
Canada recently shared that it is extending its Aug 2020 public policy until Feb 2023. This extension aims to facilitate the transition of TRV holders in Canada to Canada’s Work Permit.
This measure first came into action during the pandemic rage. However, now the country is extending the same until Feb 28, 2023. Also, it is allowing TRV holders to have interim authorisation to work. The policy applies to applicants who have a valid TRV and want to apply for a work permit supported by a job offer.
Besides, the policy does not just allow TRV holders in Canada to get an employer-specific work permit, but they can start working before they get a work permit. Also, the current extension is a temporary update as earlier TRV holders had to leave the country to change their status.
So, if you are in Canada the current moment is the best for you. Apply for Work Permit as a TRV Holder until Feb 2023 from Canada.
As a foreign visitor, who can get an employer-specific work permit?
To apply for an employer-specific work permit, you must meet the following terms:
- Be physically present in Canada.
- Must have submitted an employer-specific work permit application.
- Since the time of applying, you must have been physically present in the country.
- Apply before the application deadline of Feb 28, 2023.
Further, now TRV holders in Canada can get interim authorisation to work. Whereas earlier, the TRV holders to change their status could not apply from Canada. But one could give an application to their country’s visa office. However, to activate the work permit they had to resort to flagpoling.
Besides, the current public policy allowed TRV holders to apply from within Canada. However, the processing of work permit applications was taking time. Thus, now Canada is permitting TRV holders to begin working in Canada even before they get a work permit in hand.
This will help the country to fill its labour market gap. And make sure the Canadian employers continue to benefit from the skills of foreign workers.
Apply for Work Permit as a TRV Holder until Feb 2023 from Canada. But who can get an interim authorisation to work?
If you meet the following terms, you can get interim authorisation to work as a TRV holder:
- Be physically present in Canada at the time of applying.
- At the time of applying for a work permit, you must have valid visitor status.
- Besides, if your Visitor visa has expired then re-apply for the same.
- Because you can not apply for a work permit without a valid visitor status.
- Also, have applied for an employer-specific work permit.
- The application must have been made between Aug 24, 2020 – Feb 28, 2023.
- Finally, had a work permit that was valid before you applied for a new work permit.
Avail of this golden opportunity. Apply now for a Canada Visitor Visa. Get Free Assessment. Contact Us to know more.