Why Immigrate to Antigua and Barbuda?
Antigua and Barbuda is an independent state within the Commonwealth of Nations, and is one of the Caribbean’s most prosperous nations thanks to its developed tourist industry and offshore financial services. The country boasts 365 beaches (hence its nickname, the Land of 365 Beaches) and crystal-clear waters which have attracted celebrity residents. Antigua and Barbuda’s democratic government and legal system is strongly influenced by and based on that of the United Kingdom’s. The official language of the country is English.
Main Benefits of Obtaining Citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
Antigua and Barbuda launched its citizenship-by-Investment Program in 2013, and offers many benefits to Antigua and Barbuda passport holders, such as:
• Visa-free travel to 134 countries, including Canada, Singapore, and the UK
• Full citizenship for the applicant’s family members
• High standards of living and excellent transport links to Europe and North America
• No direct taxes for citizens approved under the Citizenship-by-Investment Program (no personal income tax on worldwide income, net worth tax, gift tax, or estate duty tax)
• Dual citizenship is allowed
• Fast application processing (3-4 months)
Note: The obtainment of citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda is irrevocable.
In order to be qualified for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
• Hold no criminal record.
• Significant economic contribution to the country
• Applicant and family members must be in excellent health
• Applicant family members must stay in Antigua and Barbuda for a minimum of five 7 days per year or generally 35 days within five years
Note: Knowledge of the English language is not required to obtain citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda
• Non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 to the National Development Fund.
• An investment of a minimum of USD 400,000 into approved real estate projects, which can be disposed of after five (5) years.
• The establishment of a business with direct investment of at least USD 1.5 million. A joint investment of two or more applicants is possible with a total minimum investment amount of USD 5 million.
The Citizenship-by-Investment Program does not require a minimum net worth, business experience, or level education. Your application will be examined by the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit and you may be required to attend an interview – the application processing time is 3-4 months, although this varies depending on the chosen investment option.
We will guide you through every step of the way to obtaining your second citizenship and passport. For more information on any of our services, please feel free to contact us.