Alberta Self Employed Farmer Stream
AINP aims to promote farming in Alberta through this stream. This stream invites farmers to come and set up a farming business in Atlanta. You can apply if you are looking for working and living in Alberta in the farming business sector.
AINP checks applicants’ profile by working with the Ministry of Culture and Agriculture of Alberta. For selection, you need to show interest in setting up a farming business in Alberta. You should have farm management skills and enough funds for primary production farming business.
Self-employed farmers need to:
- Prove they have farm management skills:
- Know how to record and manage the funds of the current farming business.
- Show proof of studies, training, and work experience.
- Give a business plan to show how the applicant wants to work in the Alberta farming sector.
- Show proof of funding by a Canadian financial institution.
- Show funding to do business in Alberta:
- Minimum investment of CDN $500,000 in equity.
- Documents showing a net worth of CDN $500,000 or show access to funds from other sources.
Note: AINP can ask you to show an investment of more than the minimum CDN $500,000.
- Prove intention of investing in Alberta farming sector:
- Show investment interest in the business plan.
- Govt of Alberta will choose you if your plan profits the agri-food sector.
You can not apply under AINP Self-Employed Farmer Stream if:
- Refugees or people in a federal claim, appeal or removal process.
- Temporary residents living and working in a province other than Alberta.
- People currently living in Canada as live-in caregivers.
- Foreign students studying in Alberta. And foreign students doing co-op work as a part of their study program.