Alberta Renames AINP to AAIP Launches 2 New Rural Immigration Programs
Alberta renames AINP to AAIP launches 2 new rural immigration programs
Feb 16, 2022, Alberta PNP update: Alberta renames AINP to AAIP launches 2 new rural immigration programs. The province changed the name of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) to Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP).
Also, the province introduced 2 new rural immigration streams:
- Rural Renewal Stream
- Rural Entrepreneur Stream
In addition, Alberta made the following updates to its existing streams:
- Firstly, 3 Entrepreneur streams are renamed to:
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration stream renamed to Graduate Entrepreneur stream.
- Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa is renamed to Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur stream.
- Self-Employed Farmer stream renamed to Farmer stream.
- Secondly, applicants who have submitted their applications via Alberta’s online portal now must request an extension for nomination.
Besides, with the renaming of streams names, their eligibility terms are still the same.
The newly named AAIP continues to focus and work on its prime aim. The AAIP is a program that will give nominations to qualifying applicants for PR in Canada.
The program will select applicants who have the skills that can benefit the economy of the province. In addition, with AAIP the province will be able to fill its vacant job positions. Thereby, being able to meet its labour market shortage.
So, if you have the right skills for the right job you can apply for nomination. To do so you can submit your EOI to AAIP. And looking at the details you share if the province sees that your profile will benefit Alberta then you will get an ITA. After getting an ITA you must submit a complete application for nomination.
Once your application gets approved, you will be able to further apply to IRCC for a Canada PR visa.