Alberta Express Entry System
This system lets Alberta choose few skilled people from IRCC. In this system, Alberta will invite you to apply for AINP selection. AINP selects people who have a strong profile and can benefit the province. Express Entry applicants selected by a province get extra 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. If selected you will get an NOI to apply for permanent residence. You will get an invite after a draw of applicants from the Express Entry pool.
Who will get selected?
Your selection will happen from the Express Entry pool. AINP will contact you. You will get a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter in your federal Express Entry profile. You can apply if you get NOI under Alberta Express Entry Stream.
AINP selects applicants as per the data given in their Express Entry profile. This stream can select foreign students who have completed their studies in Alberta.
You will get a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter if:
- You have an active Express Entry profile in federal Express Entry pool.
- You have shown an interest in moving to Alberta.
- You are in a job that benefits the labour market needs of Alberta.
- You have a minimum CRS score of 300.
Your profile is seen strong for NOI if:
- You have a job offer or work experience from Alberta.
- Completed studies in Alberta.
- Has a relative (parent, child, brother and/or sister)
Your profile is seen weak for NOI if:
- Your Express Entry profile will expire in 3 months or less.
- You are working in a job:
- Which is on ‘Alberta high wage and low wage job list’.
- Which is on the list of occupations ineligible under AINP [See table below].
- With high no of submissions in all AINP streams.
Your profile will not be processed if:
- You have more than one active nomination and it has not expired or extended under AINP. You can have just one AINP Nomination Certificate.
- AINP does not allow you to apply for some time. If you apply during this time then AINP will reject your profile. You need to update your Express Entry profile for selection.
- If your occupation is listed in the following table
Ineligible occupations for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Individuals working in the following occupations at the time of application and assessment are not eligible to apply for or be nominated under the Alberta Opportunity Stream and or Alberta Express Entry System
|NOC Code (2016)||NOC Skill Level||Occupation|
|0422||0||School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education|
|0423||0||Managers in social, community and correctional services|
|0432||0||Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers|
|0651*||0||Escort agency managers, massage parlour managers|
|4031||A||Secondary school teachers|
|4032||A||Elementary school and kindergarten teachers|
|4154||A||Professional occupations in religion|
|5121||A||Authors and writers|
|5133||A||Musicians and singers|
|5135||A||Actors and comedians|
|5136||A||Painters, sculptors and other visual artists|
|1227||B||Court officers and justices of the peace|
|3223*||B||Dental laboratory assistants/bench workers|
|4214*||B||Early childhood educators who do not have certification through Alberta Children’s Services – Child Care Staff Certification Office or who have been certified as child development assistant (formerly Level 1)|
|4217||B||Other religious occupations|
|5232||B||Other performers, not elsewhere classified|
|5244||B||Artisans and craftspersons|
|6232||B||Real estate agents and salespersons|
|4411||C||Home child care providers|
|4412||C||Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations|
|4413||C||Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants|
|6564||C||Other personal service occupations|
|7513||C||Taxi and limousine drivers and chauffeurs|
|8442||C||Trappers and hunters|
|6623||D||Other sales related occupations|
|6722||D||Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport|
|6742||D||Other service support occupations, not elsewhere classified|
|8612||D||Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers|
|8613||D||Aquaculture and marine harvest labourers|