Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream lets Alberta choose skilled people from IRCC. In this system, Alberta will invite you to apply for AAIP selection. Also, AAIP selects people who have a strong profile and can grow the province. Further, Express Entry (EE) applicants selected by a province get an extra 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. Finally, if selected you will get an NOI to apply for permanent residence.
Who will get selected?
Applicants will be selected from the Express Entry pool. and get a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter in their federal Express Entry profile. You too can apply, if you get NOI under Alberta Express Entry Stream.
AAIP selects applicants as per the data given in their Express Entry profile. And selects foreign students who have completed their studies in Alberta.
You will get a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter if:
- Firstly, have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Secondly, show an interest in moving to Alberta.
- Also, are in a job that benefits the labour market needs of Alberta.
- Finally, have a minimum CRS score of 300.
Your chances of getting an NOI are high if:
- You have a job offer or work experience from Alberta.
- Have completed your studies in Alberta.
- Have a relative (parent, child, brother and/or sister)
AAIP sees your profile as weak if:
- Your Express Entry profile will expire in 3 months or less.
- You are working in a job:
- Which is on the ‘Alberta high wage and low wage job list’.
- Which is on the list of occupations ineligible under AAIP [See table below].
- With a high number of submissions in all AAIP streams.
AAIP will not process your profile if:
- You have more than one active nomination and it has not expired or is extended under AAIP. Because you can have just 1 AAIP Nomination Certificate.
- AAIP does not allow you to apply for some time. If you apply during this time then AAIP will reject your profile. So, you need to update your Express Entry profile for selection after the restriction is over.
- If your occupation falls under the ineligible occupations list.
Ineligible occupations for Alberta Advanced Immigration Program (AAIP)
Individuals working in the following occupations at the time of application and assessment can not apply for or be nominated under the Alberta Opportunity Stream and or Alberta Express Entry Stream.
|NOC Code (2016)||NOC Skill Level||Occupation|
|0422||0||School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education|
|0423||0||Managers in social, community and correctional services|
|0432||0||Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers|
|0651*||0||Escort agency managers, massage parlour managers|
|4031||A||Secondary school teachers|
|4032||A||Elementary school and kindergarten teachers|
|4154||A||Professional occupations in religion|
|5121||A||Authors and writers|
|5133||A||Musicians and singers|
|5135||A||Actors and comedians|
|5136||A||Painters, sculptors and other visual artists|
|1227||B||Court officers and justices of the peace|
|3223*||B||Dental laboratory assistants/bench workers|
|4214*||B||Early childhood educators who do not have certification through Alberta Children’s Services – Child Care Staff Certification Office or who have been certified as child development assistant (formerly Level 1)|
|4217||B||Other religious occupations|
|5232||B||Other performers, not elsewhere classified|
|5244||B||Artisans and craftspersons|
|6232||B||Real estate agents and salespersons|
|4411||C||Home child care providers|
|4412||C||Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations|
|4413||C||Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants|
|6564||C||Other personal service occupations|
|7513||C||Taxi and limousine drivers and chauffeurs|
|8442||C||Trappers and hunters|
|6623||D||Other sales related occupations|
|6722||D||Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport|
|6742||D||Other service support occupations, not elsewhere classified|
|8612||D||Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers|
|8613||D||Aquaculture and marine harvest labourers|