Agriculture: Hiring a temporary foreign agricultural worker

Canadian employers can now hire foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program’s (TFWP) to grow the agro-industry. But to so they must hire employees for jobs/activities that are a part of primary agriculture.

Activities/duties in primary agriculture refer to the following:

  • Firstly, the activity must be within farm, nursery, or greenhouse boundaries.
  • Secondly, at least 1 activity must be like:
    • Operating agricultural machinery.
    • Working in animal husbandry to get raw animal products for the market.
  • Also, must come under NOC codes: 0821, 0822, 8252, 8255, 8431, 8432, and 8611.


TFWP Agricultural Streams

Under this category, a Canadian employer can hire a TFW through 1 of the following sub-streams:


So, applying to be a Temporary Foreign Worker in Canada? Take our Free Assessment to check your eligibility or Contact Us to know more.