Agriculture: Hiring a temporary foreign agricultural worker
Canadian employers can now hire foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program’s (TFWP) to grow the agro-industry. But to so they must hire employees for jobs/activities that are a part of primary agriculture.
Activities/duties in primary agriculture refer to the following:
- Firstly, the activity must be within farm, nursery, or greenhouse boundaries.
- Secondly, at least 1 activity must be like:
- Operating agricultural machinery.
- Working in animal husbandry to get raw animal products for the market.
- Also, must come under NOC codes: 0821, 0822, 8252, 8255, 8431, 8432, and 8611.
TFWP Agricultural Streams
Under this category, a Canadian employer can hire a TFW through 1 of the following sub-streams:
- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program
- Agricultural Stream
- High wage position stream
- Low wage positions stream