6th Express Entry PNP draw selects 385 applicants in 2020
On May 27, 6th Express Entry PNP draw selects 385 applicants with a provincial nomination in Canada.
In the 149th Canada immigration draw, IRCC issued 385 Invitation to Apply (ITA) to Express Entry (EE) applicants with a provincial nomination. To qualify in this draw the applicants needed a CRS score of 757 or more. The selected applicants can now apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Further, the tie-breaking rule date and time was set to April 27, 2020, at 10:19:01 UTC. This means that applicants who submitted their profile before this day and time with a CRS score of 757 and applicants with a CRS score of 757 or more received an ITA in this draw.
Express Entry (EE) System is one of Canada’s main immigration pathways. It handles applications from 3 main economic immigration streams such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
To qualify in the May 27 draw applicants needed to:
- Firstly, to have an active EE profile
- Secondly, apply to one of the sub-streams of the EE system
- Also, meet one of the EE sub-streams terms
- Further, must meet the Human Capital Factors of the EE system such as:
- Language Skills
- Education Level
- Work Experience
- Besides must already have a provincial nomination
- Finally have a qualifying CRS score of 757
An applicant who has a nomination beforehand receives an extra 600 CRS score against its EE profile. This increases the applicants chance of receiving an ITA to apply for a Canada PR. Thus, the 6th Express Entry PNP draw selects 385 applicants, who already had a nomination.
Moreover, Canada is focusing more on selecting PNP specific and CEC applicants. So the frequency of draws and the number of applicants getting selected is only supposed to increase.