6 Pro Tips To Ace IELTS Exam In 2023
6 Pro Tips To Ace IELTS Exam In 2023
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an exam that is widely popular among aspiring applicants. It is one of the first stepping stones to moving to your dream destination. Be it for education or career growth abroad. Thus, it is important to know the 6 pro tips to ace IELTS exam in 2023. So, we can make our dream of grabbing overseas opportunities true!
IELTS is divided into two parts i.e., IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. However, the format of both modules remains the same. But, there are a few distinctive alterations that make them different from each other.
Besides, we all wish to score a high band in IELTS. But preparing for it can be quite overwhelming. There are many points to keep in mind, but approaching them smartly is important. In this blog, ‘6 Pro Tips To Ace IELTS Exam in 2023’ we have listed some important tips that will help you perform better. But before we dive right in, let us learn a bit about this exam.
IELTS Exam in 2023 – An Overview
IELTS is a language proficiency exam. And is used to check your English language skill level. The test is for understanding if can adapt to English-speaking countries or not. Further, British Council, IDP and Cambridge Assessment English organise such exams. Besides, being recognized by more than 10000 organizations around the world, this language proficiency exam is taken by thousands of applicants every year.
IELTS has two parts, namely, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Both formats have four modules, Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing. Some of the basic differences between both formats are:
- Common for both academic and general training.
- The duration of this module lasts about 10-15 minutes.
- It is a face-to-face interview between the candidate and the IELTS examiner.
- The candidate has to answer certain questions related to a topic.
- There is also a discussion session between the two on a certain topic.
- Common for both IELTS academic and general training.
- The duration of this module is 30 minutes.
- This module is divided into 4 sections.
- There are four listening excerpts. Each excerpt has 10 questions.
- Sections one and two are about every social scenario.
- Sections 3 and 4 are about education and training.
- Contains 3 sub-sections.
- All 3 sub-sections have one long passage each.
- Around 14 questions are asked.
- These questions include graphs, diagrams, sentence completion etc.
- Contains 3 sub-sections.
- Section 1 consists of social skills such as notices, advertisements etc.
- Section 2 talks more about workplace matters such as job descriptions, employee descriptions etc.
- Section 3 is all about long texts that can be argumentative or descriptive in nature.
- The duration of this module lasts about 60 minutes.
- It is divided into two parts namely, Writing Task 1 and Writing Task 2.
- In the first task, the candidate has to describe a graph or table in his own words.
- The minimum word limit is 150, and the maximum word limit is 250
- The time given in the first task is 20 minutes.
- In the second task, the candidate has to write an essay on a topic.
- The candidate has to express their opinion in their own words.
- The time frame for this task is 40 minutes.
- The duration of this module is 60 minutes.
- It is also divided into two parts namely, Writing Task 1 and Writing Task 2.
- In the first task, the candidate has to write a formal or informal letter.
- A minimum of 150 words can be used.
- The time allotted for this task is 20 minutes.
- In the second task, the candidate has to write an essay on a given topic.
- The candidate has to express his or her point of view through the essay.
- There is no word limit in this task. But the task needs to be finished in 40 minutes.
2023: 6 Expert Tips to Get High Bands in IELTS Exam
Understand the Format:
So, before you begin to prepare, you need to understand each module first. Because, once you understand the format of IELTS, you can easily prepare within the time frame. And even score well.
Develop a strategy for each module:
Each module is different from the others. So, having a strategy for each module is important. Firstly, identify your area of weakness and start working on it first. Secondly, set up a time frame and don’t hurry in the process of learning. Also, start preparing as soon as you can before the exam. Finally, have a clear mind frame to stay focused towards your goal.
Practice as much as possible:
Practice is the key to success. To get a good band score in IELTS, you need to keep practising. You can listen to good podcasts, practice speaking confidently in front of the mirror every day, and read more news articles. And interact with people often to understand their opinion on a subject. Read aloud to improve your pronunciation. Remember, the more you practice polishing your English, the better you will perform in the IELTS exam.
Solve Mock Tests Often:
One of the best ways to crack the IELTS exam is to keep solving the sample tests provided by IELTS. Solving mock tests will not only improve your speed but would even help you identify your weaknesses in the process. Make a note of those weaknesses and improvise on the mistakes you are making. It will not only boost your confidence but also make you exam ready for IELTS.
Work on Your Writing Skills:
The writing part of the IELTS exam can be a little daunting as you are on a time constraint. Practice understanding the requirement from the question first and then answer. Keep in mind the word limit and use relevant examples. Practice more on writing answers that are easily understandable and to the point. It will not only improve your speed but even help you write answers with relevance.
Work On Your Vocabulary:
A good band score in IELTS is having a wide range of vocabulary and the knowledge of using it correctly. Practice learning new words and phrases by reading news articles, watching English movies, listening to informative podcasts, etc. The more fluent you are with your speaking skills the less you will stammer during conversations. Use words that are relevant and easy to understand. A good vocabulary will boost your confidence and lessen your nervousness.
Give your educational dreams the right direction. Now we can help you master 6 Pro Tips To Ace IELTS Exam In 2023. Connect with our expert team of counsellors today and leave all your worries to us.