52000 PGWP holders to get 18 months validity on Open Work Permit
In a recent Canada’s public policy update 52000 PGWP holders to get 18 months validity on open work permit.
As per Jan 08, 2021, update 52000 PGWP holders to get 18 months validity on open work permit. Because Canada realises the issues caused by covid-19. As there are international students who do not have enough Canadian work experience to apply for Canada PR.
52000 PGWP holders to get 18 months validity on Open Work Permit. But who gains from this?
Every year international students add $21 billion to the economy. Also, they add to the growth of the country’s diversity. With covid-19, there are PGWP holders with expired or expiring status. Thus, to help them Canada is giving 18 months validity on open work permit. It will help them to get work experience. And build their life in Canada. After getting the minimum work-experience they can apply for permanent residency in Canada.
After getting the open work permit:
- Apply for permanent residency through the Express Entry (EE) System.
- Also, apply to the EE sub-stream i.e, Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- Further meet the CEC terms such as:
- Minimum of 1-year work experience in 3 years.
- Minimum of CLB/NCLC 7 in English/French.
- Have work experience under valid temporary resident status.
- Finally have a minimum qualifying CRS score.
- Last CEC cut-off was 454 as on Jan 21, 2021.
- Also, the draw selected 4626 applicants.
Besides, if you get a nomination against your EE profile then you will get extra 600 CRS score. This increases your chances of getting an ITA for Canada PR. But you must start your Canada PR application process within 60 days of getting an ITA.