160 ITAs Issued by British Columbia in Latest BC PNP Draw
Feb 22, 2022: 160 ITAs Issued by British Columbia in Latest BC PNP Draw
BC immigration update – 160 ITAs issued by British Columbia in latest BC PNP draw. The 2 part draw series selected applicants from the BC PNP Skills Immigration (S.I) and Express Entry BC (EEBC) categories.
The details of the same are as follows:
Draw 1 – issued 145 ITAs
Skills Immigration (S.I)
- Skilled Worker – CRS score set at 112.
- International Graduate – CRS score set at 98.
- Entry Level & Semi-Skilled – CRS score set at 77.
Express Entry BC (EEBC)
- Skilled Worker – CRS score set at 125.
- International Graduate – CRS score set at 111.
Draw 2 – issued 15 ITAs. Also, the CRS score was set at 125.
Besides, applicants who have an ITA under the EEBC category have an added advantage towards getting an ITA for Canada PR. As they have an ITA in this draw because they have:
- Applied to the Express Entry (EE) System.
- Applied to 1 of the EE sub-streams such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Also, meet Human Capital Factors:
- Education Level
- Work Experience
- Language Skill Level
- Besides, applied to the BC PNP EEBC category.
- Finally have a CRS score for the EEBC sub-stream they applied for.
Applicants getting a nomination from BC against their EE profile get an added CRS score of 600. As a result, their overall CRS score in the EE pool increases. And that is what increases their chances of getting an ITA for permanent residency in Canada.
However, in comparison to the Feb 08, 2022 BC PNP draw we can see that the overall ITAs are down by 43 points. And not only this the CRS score is up by 2-5 points for all sub-streams except S.I Entry Level and Semi-Skilled sub-stream.
BC PNP draws – ITAs lower and CRS slowly rising up
At a glance, we can observe that since the beginning of the year there is a slow rise in draw figures. But the rise in figures is that of the CRS score. Whereas the number of ITAs issued with each draw is slowly coming lower. This may hint at an upcoming slow rise in issuing of ITAs. But this also indicates that BC will see an increased demand for skilled workers to meet its labour market needs.
To meet the same the province will have to increase the selection of applicants per draw.
So, if you apply now you can soon get an ITA for nomination. And post that you can get an ITA to submit an error-free Canada PR application.