157 skilled workers and entrepreneurs qualify in new PEI PNP draw
Sep 21, 2023: 157 skilled workers and entrepreneurs qualify in new PEI PNP draw
Prince Edward Island sees a rise in the selection of applicants by 15 points. 157 skilled workers and entrepreneurs qualify in new PEI PNP draw on Sep 21, 2023. To understand, we must tally the current draw details with that of the last similar Aug 17, 2023 PEI PNP draw.
The details of the current draw are:
- Firstly, 4 entrepreneurs have an invitation.
- Secondly, the qualifying draw score is 80.
Labour & Express Entry category
- 153 applicants have an invitation.
Besides, the draw selected critical workers who are working with a PEI employer. Also, they must have a minimum EOI score of 55.
In comparison to the last similar draw, we see the following positive changes:
- Firstly, no change in invitations for entrepreneurs.
- But the draw cut-off is lower by 22 points.
- Secondly, 15 more applicants have invitations under the Labour & Express Entry category.
- Besides, overall, the current draw selected 15 more applicants.
- But critical workers’ EOI score requirement is up by 5 points in the current draw.
The Prince Edward Island Express Entry Stream is connected to the federal Express Entry (EE) System, a points-based immigration management system. Candidates in this stream are selected based on their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores and are required to meet the specific criteria outlined by the PEI PNP. Thus, applicants get an invite under the PEI PNP Express Entry category because:
- Firstly, have an active EE profile under the FSW/FST or CEC category.
- Secondly, meet Human Capital Factors:
- Work Experience
- Language Skills
- Also, meet the PEI PNP draw cut-off.
Post getting a PEI PNP nomination, applicants get an extra 600 CRS score in the EE pool. And their chances of a Canada PR visa go up.